Label printing refers to the imprinting and reproduction of custom patterns, stamps, or stickers on diverse materials like paper, glass, etc. The process is possible via various methods and yields different results for each. It applies to the feel, looks, and purpose of the labels. For this purpose, individuals use label press or printers that print on self-adhesive label materials.
Let us discuss the digital and hybrid printing mechanisms in this article.
Digital printing, digital label press, is a digital-based image engraving process worked upon and onto various media substrates on continuous label rolls. The media on which it prints the requisite gets run through the machine where the image gets imprinted. It then moves on to be rolled onto a core via “roll to roll” printing.
On the other hand, hybrid printing, done using a hybrid label press, engraves and applies the trend of combining the diverse aspects of the different types of label presses. It merges the capabilities of analog and digital printing technology. It integrates the efficiency and reliability of flexographic press style with the creative opportunities offered by digital printing. The method does so by amalgamating the best features of its kind to proffer the required function.
Benefits of Digital Printing
- Readily Available: Digital printing method requires the label design to get stored on a computer. It allows it to be accessible and available from there at any time and on-demand.
- Fast Turnaround Time: This method reduces or eliminates the pre-requisite steps, quickening the entire process of printing.
- Effortless Incorporation of Changes: Since the label designs remain uploaded and available on the computers, it is exceedingly easy to make changes and updates to the designs through a series of uncomplicated steps.
- High Quality: Digital printing delivers a superior quality of work with consistent colors and images. In this method, no design details get overlooked. These can include hues, barcodes, font style and size, and other minute particulars.
Benefits of Hybrid Printing
- Advanced User Interface: Hybrid printing combines advanced features to customize their print runs. They work with comprehensible touch screen operations and programmable settings.
- Variety of Options: This method allows changes and selection of various color options, web widths, varnish facilities, and pre-coating.
- Robust Construction: Hybrid printing comes with the classic strength features of digital printers and flexo presses, integrating and upgrading within a compact print housing. They have a seamless transition between design, print, and layout and are durable, requiring minimal maintenance.
- Greater Flexibility: This method caters to multiple applications and can expand to include colors outside the CMYK range. It allows an elevation of the label’s appearance and special inks’ addition to the production line.
- Fast Process: Hybrid printing encompasses rapid working and operation, resulting in increased production in a short duration.